perth

perth

Sunday, September 9, 2012

week 10 haha for real this time

Hello from Busso! This weekend, I have been about 2 hours south of Perth in a city called Busselton. Erika and I stayed with her friend's Julienne and Karlien who are former YWAM-ers! It was really great to get out of the base and see more of australia, God's creation is truly amazing, it gets me every time. I instagram-ed a TON of the photos from Busso so be sure to check those out if you like! So on my blog last week, i wrote that i wanted to here from you guys, and i was jumping for joy when i actually received an email! One of my besties, Madison emailed me and it was so awesome, so i thought i'd give her a little shout out haha.
Busselton is such a great place, we went to the beach and cruised around town, it's very similar to Prior Lake. Julienne and Karlien were such a blessing because they really took care of us, i felt like royalty! We also helped out and Karlien's brother-in-law's concert. He is a very popular kids' christian music singer. His name is Sean W. Smith in case you would like to look him up! Erika was working the face paint and i was the bouncer for the bouncy castles (no pun intended...). Then today, we rode Karlien's scooter around Busso, it was such a good time!
On a more serious note, this week our topic was Holy Spirit and Freedom in Christ. Our speaker was Don Tredway from Oklahoma (woohoo go USA), his wife, Donna, was also in class teaching us (yes their names are Don & Donna...Cutest thing ever)! They did an awesome job tag-teaming, he taught us all about healing. He went to school and became a doctor before joining with YWAM many years ago. He told us SO MANY stories about how God used him to heal so many people...he was like a healing G!
The main thing i really took away from this week was the fact that we need to be available for God to use us. I have been really challenged by this, but i think God is really changing me a ton! Don kept asking us if we were willing to be a fool for God and when i thought about it, i was like "i don't know if i am..." So i have really been working on stepping out in faith and becoming more and more sensitive to the Holy Spirit.
We also learned heaps about deliverance but i won't get into that, but please ask if you wanna know more!
God has been teaching me so many things and really shaping me into a disciple! One thing i have been thinking of lately is if i am a follower or fan of Christ. Do i really live according to His plans for me or am i just sitting on the side saying "yay Jesus loves me!" but not really living it out. Just some food for thought...sorry for the confrontation.
As i was saying, God has been radically molding and shaping me, especially in the area of generosity. For those of you who know me even a little bit, you know how possessive i can be over my stuff, especially my food and money. God has been testing me like crazy with that! This last week, we spent a time to just wait on God for finances for our outreach because our team collectively still needed $11,000. I had all my finances in, but i could hear God so clearly telling me to give away all the spending money i had for the rest of my time in YWAM. When i first heard God i was like "no way jose!!" But God was persistent, so i reluctantly gave it away. I felt much freer after doing this. I am actually, as crazy as it sounds, so excited to see how God is going to provide for me! I think this will increase my faith like never before and i can't wait!

Our team is gearing up for outreach in less than 2 weeks and i am so anxious to see God move! It will truly be incredible!
That's pretty much all that has been going on in my crazy life, again please let me know what's going on with you!

Some prayer points:
Finances
Unity in outreach team
Save travels to Kununurra

No comments:

Post a Comment